Made this for dinner tonight. It was a hit.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 2 T corn starch
- 1/4 cup fat free cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 t dijon mustard
- Dash of nutmeg
Boil the cauliflower in salted water for 4 minutes and drain. Combine corn starch and milk in a saucepan, mix well with whisk, stir constantly for 5-10 mins. Remove from heat add cheeses, onions, mustard, and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Combine cauliflower, chicken, and cheese sauce in a large bowl. Spoon the cauliflower mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs if using. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes and let set for 10.
The original recipe came from here. Found it on Pinterest (where else?).