Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Green dream smoothie.


Here's what I've already discovered about juicing/smoothie-making: I like to give my creations dumb names, the method is foolproof, you can make something magnificent from anything you find lurking in your fridge, they are easier to eat than salads, spinach (in juice form) doesn't taste like anything, you don't need a fancy/expensive blender.

Ingredients:
  • 2 handfuls spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 5 strawberries
  • Water
  • Ice
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed (if you need the extra fiber, like I do)
Blend it all together. Drink from a straw. Freeze the leftovers in an ice tray then make more the next day. 

Blender tip: In case you are like me, and you're deciding suddenly to cut out all meat, all processed foods, most dairy, and live mostly on smoothies and salads, and you're worried you'll have to buy a fancy new blender, don't. I have an old Back-To-Basics Elite Smoothie Maker and it works fine. It even blends the tiny flax seeds and liquifies spinach. Long term, I may end up needing something nicer. I'll keep you posted on how long this one lasts. I have a feeling I might wear it out fast by making three smoothies a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment