Friday, February 8, 2013

Portabella mushroom fajitas.

(photo via)

So far, on this no-meat journey, there have been few things that have knocked my socks off, taste-wise. These mushroom fajitas are one of those few things.

You should know this about any recipes I share: if I'm creating something on my own, I don't really measure. I taste test and add as needed...as is the case with this meal.

Ingredients:
  • Black beans
  • Canned corn
  • 1 portabella mushroom, cut into strips
  • Peppers of your choice
  • Onion (optional)
  • Cilantro 
  • Onion powder
  • Pepper
  • Minced garlic
  • Whole wheat tortillas 
  • Salsa 
  • Cheese
  • Avocado
Directions:

On medium heat, cook mushroom strips, onion and peppers in a skillet with a little olive oil for about five minutes. Season with garlic, onion powder and pepper. Heat up the black beans and corn in a separate saucepan. Pile it all sky high on a tortilla and top with a little cheese, cut-up avocado and salsa.

YUM 

No comments:

Post a Comment