Thursday, August 25, 2011

Brian Andreas excerpts.

From my pinterest page.

I am thrilled to learn more about and read the works of this author. Thanks to pinterest, I discovered Brian Andreas. He's a writer, painter and sculptor. He creates mixed media art using salvaged wood and other things. He's unlike anyone I've ever read about. Can't wait to check out his short stories (I am actually a short story writer. I'm wild about the form.) Here are some excerpts from his stories, in addition to the one above.

"I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that."

"She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short."

"I saw them standing there pretending to be just friends, when all the time in the world could not pry them apart. "

"They came to sit & dangle their feet off the edge of the world & after awhile they forgot everything but the good & true things they would do someday. "


Isn't there something that's just so special about these ^^? I can feel geniality and love and sometimes hopelessness behind his words. 

Buy on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE brian andreas. i have ever since miss merrell introduced me in creative writing!

    ReplyDelete