- 2 cans black beans (15 ounces each), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed plus 6 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place ground flaxseed and water in a bowl. Mix well, and set aside for at least 10 minutes or until it forms into a thick, gel-like subtsance. If mixture does not gel, add 1 more teaspoon ground flaxseed at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place garlic cloves into food processor, and mince finely.
- Add one can of beans to garlic. Pulse to combine. Add cumin and salt, and pulse until mixture resembles chunky black bean dip.
- Transfer mixture from food processor to a large bowl.
- Stir in bread crumbs, flaxseed-water mixture, and zucchini. Stir well until everything is combined. Add remaining can of black beans.
- Prepare 8 patties from mixture.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium.
- Heat black bean burger about 4 minutes per side, until golden brown